Kulübe Güncesi: Okumak / Yazmak


Writing your name can lead to writing sentences. And the next thing you'll be doing is writing paragraphs, and then books. And then you'll be in as much trouble as I am!

.

I should not talk so much about myself if there were anybody else whom I knew as well.

.


I put a piece of paper under my pillow, and when I could not sleep I wrote in the dark.

.

How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live.

.

Read the best books first, or you may not have a chance to read them at all.

.

How many a man has dated a new era in his life from the reading of a book.

.

Thought is the sculptor who can create the person you want to be.

.

I have now a library of nearly nine hundred volumes, over seven hundred of which I wrote myself.




Thoreau, Walden anıları ve bilinen denemeleri dışında 
yirmi dört yıl boyunca düzenli olarak iki milyon kelimeyi bulan günlükler tutar. Son Cümledeki söz konusu yedi yüz kitap satılmayıp yayınevinin gönderdiği kendi kitabı.


*

Görseller: Thoreau Replika kulübesinde bulunan yazı masası
İkinci görsel:  Abelardo Borell / Thoreau's Desk


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder