Der Wanderer


I come down from the mountains, / The valley dims, the sea roars.
I wander silently and am somewhat unhappy, / And my sighs always ask "Where?"

The sun seems so cold to me here, / The flowers faded, the life old,
And what they say has an empty sound; / I am a stranger everywhere.

Where are you, my dear land? /Sought and brought to mind, yet never known,
That land, so hopefully green, / That land, where my roses bloom,

Where my friends wander / Where my dead ones rise from the dead,
That land where they speak my language, / Oh land, where are you?

I wander silently and am somewhat unhappy, / And my sighs always ask "Where?"

In a ghostly breath it calls back to me, 

"There, where you are not, there is your happiness."

Georg Philipp Schmidt von Lübeck

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder